Home  :  Contribute  :  Advanced Search  :  Site Statistics  :  Directory  :  Forum  :  Media Gallery  :  Links  :  Polls  :  Calendar  
VratnicaUSA
Monday, October 16 2017 @ 05:07 PM MST    Click here to enjoy some music while visiting this web site.

Forum Index > General discussion > Vratnica History New Topic Post Reply
 re
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: curious
 July 17 2006 11:23 AM (Read 1251 times)  

I couldn't agree with you more. My whole point of this post is I don't understand why people in the 18th century spoke Macedonian when in fact we read there was no Macedonian country and Bulgaria did not have control of Northwestern Vardar/macedonia. So, where did our greatgrandfaters get this 'sakam' 'sega' influence? I feel based on the closeness of our Kosovo roots our Serbian language shouldn't have been lost so quickly in the 18th century. 'Unless' some reports I've read that there use to be a Bulgarian population in Metohija back in the day, and many of our roots come from those families that did speak the 'sakam' etc from Kosovo?? Its puzzling, because we have more words in common with Bulgarians then Serbians, except for our accents being a Serbian accent.

Bottom line, people 130 yrs should have been speaking Serbian in our village but they weren't. I'm trying to understand why when our area had no influence by any nationality back then. 30yrs of Serbian schools in vratnica did nothing to change our speech 'back' to Serbian. That should have happened easily if in fact certain families crossed over from Kosovo as late as the 18th century.

Anonymous: vratnicanka
 July 17 2006 17:10 PM  

Curious, again I will state that language does not dictate our nationality, I am sure that you know that. There are many Albanians in Montenegro that do not speak Albanian at all, but they would never say that they are Serbs, they are still Albanians. As Vratnicani, we have taken a stand that we ae "different". Unfortunately, being different is not always accepted by most. As Vratnicani, we have a full reputation to adhere to. One of hard work, success and a whole lot of pride. That is a Vratnicanin. This is what we inherited from our ancestors and we should be proud of it. Now if we could just get rid of the jealousy and unite as one people, we would become even more successful. To say we are Macedonian because we use "SAKAM" instead of "Hochu" is plain ignorant. I am a Serbian because my grandfather told me I am Serbian and he was proud of it. I am even more proud.

Anonymous: mariakim
 September 19 2017 06:06 AM  

Your blog content include lots of stuff as well as very good endeavors, my partner and i compulsorily giving this kind of to my own close friends. We have been providing do my essay, these are subsequent almost all of learners.

Content generated in: 0.29 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are MST. The time is now 05:07 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content